A PBP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godhood: A new eon.

+4
Runemaker
dragonshardz
Alcyius
KatoHearts(A)
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Godhood: A new eon. - Page 2 Empty Re: Godhood: A new eon.

Post by SFR Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:09 pm

The Lurker In the Unknown observes from an unknown location with a gleeful look shining in Its countless eyes at the Chaos being stirred within the World. The multi-cellular creatures created from a fragment of Its very own essence caused quite the commotion at first and upset the delicate balance of nature, before they intelligently adjusted and adapted. Still, they spread far and wide wherever there may be sufficient organic matter for them which to digest; from the mountains to the seas, from abundant forests and jungles to desolate deserts.

Though still quite simple they seem to be learning quite well and The Lurker eagerly awaits when their species reaches to the point when they're able to distinguish their own individuality and take pride in their actions to further spread Chaos across land and sea. It notes that it seems that the other deities seem to underestimate the adaptability and versatility of these simple-looking creatures. Its eyes seem to smirk at the thought.

When It notices the appearance of a disease that seems to specifically target the amorphous blobs It has let loose It shows a complete lack of concern and seems even more pleased at these turn of events. This disease will surely cause Chaos among the slimes. It will enjoy seeing how these creatures born of Chaos will deal with Chaos that they themselves have not created. This is because It find it very amusing when others also turn to Chaos to advance their own agendas. And being an entity of Chaos Itself this is what It seeks. The same reasoning for when an asteroid is set on a collision path for the planet. Although Its eyes show slight disappointment when the asteroid is broken up into smaller parts. However this is still fine to the Red-Eyed Lurker. This too shall sow even more seeds of Chaos to Its pleasure.

It also has great Pride in what It has created, for they are part of Its essence and being. Albeit a relatively minuscule fragment but a fragment nonetheless. This is why It couldn't care any less about there being an Afterlife for souls. When the slimes of Chaos are slain, their essence simply returns to The Lurker in the Unknown, as all Chaos does.

-------------------------------------------
Acts Remaining: 5

SFR

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonshardz Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Kinatar turns to Nysela with a ringing laugh, one eye observing the Lurker poking an eye out from the Void.

"No such scheme or plot, little sister - I daresay my Vaikrate are unsuited to immortal bureaucracy. Assuredly, I expect their Afterlife to take much the same form as their mortal encampments: a waystop on the path to reincarnation."
dragonshardz
dragonshardz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Nysela nods at the answer.

Fair enough, I suppose. I just can't much see the purpose in making life. Just not my purview I guess! I'll have my fun with all of yours instead."

She turns to Victor, entranced as he is.

"Still waiting for an answer, eldest brother."

So saying, Nysela turns towards the eye of the Lurker and smiles.

"Oh, another brother of mine?"

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by SFR Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Appearing from everywhere and yet nowhere, the energies of the Lurker in the Unknown coalesce into a constantly shifting, shapeless object full of what can be only be described as countless red eyes of Chaos. With each eye blinking independently of the others at random intervals, the Chaos entity replies with a voice neither masculine or feminine but somehow both that can only be perceived by other higher beings without driving them insane, "Brother?" The Lurker chuckles, his eyes reflecting the emotion It feels and continues, "I am the formless that has existed long since before the creation of this reality, the Chaos of uncertainty of what is not known, that which disrupts the flow of Fate  to cloud the future, that which shall return the Universe to its true state of chance and randomness. "

Last edited by SFR on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

SFR

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonshardz Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Kinatar murmurs under her breath, "And a bit pretentious, too."
dragonshardz
dragonshardz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyius Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Victor thinks for a moment, and says, "Unless anyone has objections, I declare the Living World, Mortale Mundus, the Mortal World."

Alcyius

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 pm

And the grand cycle continues

Nysela enters the universe and promptly throws a rock at the nearest planet

She then, perhaps capriciously, decides that psionics do in fact exist but these powers can only be harnessed while in the presence of, or touching, a piece of Stellar Iron.

Victor provides refuge for the souls that will be in the form The Kingdom of the Dead, a currently lonely and empty place

He then stirred up disease and pestilence across the first planet, a fresh new blight on the unsuspecting world

Kinatar, acting swiftly. shatters Nysela’s asteroid into much more manageable pieces.

She then turns her attention to a particular strain of pathogen, modifying it into a weapon against the slimes and a oddity for every other creature.

Next she began shaping her personal species, Vaikrate. Starting with the typical foxcat design she first added increased size, enough to rival the spiders. Then she added intelligence with a twist of wanderlust and social behavior. She also adds thumbs and a touch more flexibility to them.

Bork spend his time focusing on the oceans. He forges a predator, on without sight but the ability to sense motion.

Azreal, acting on Victor’s request, creates two unique beings. The first, the Arbiter, judges souls and the second, the Archivist, records the knowledge of souls.

The Lurker...waits, biding It’s time.

And the gods rest again, while the universe turns

The pestilence and disease, while such things had been forming on their own, predictably ravage the first planet. The planet goes through a period of mass death. The slimes suffer for a while but being the simple things they are still adapt quickly. Notably, they become more selective of their food with carrion and detritus becoming less favored as food sources. The more mundane animals die out in droves and a trend of fastidious, almost cleanly, animals begins as the populations stabilize. Social grooming behavior is becomes more common amongst species. The spider population, however, does not react well. There’s a large population crash as a new bacteria takes to killing off their eggs.

Nysela’s asteroid, now an equal amount of meteors, mostly burns up in the atmosphere but a few pieces reach the planet’s surface. As for the mass lost on entry, due to Nysela’s specific actions, it retains its unique properties but in a form too small to perceive. There's no telling where it could end up.

The Plateskin symbiote slips its way into a myriad of species and does manage to slow the slime population growth further but does not manage to actively kill the slimes as they lack a single cohesive nucleus. Also of note, exactly one horned slime exists as well as a single “stone” slime.

The Vaikrate, having been born after the disease and pestilence, are much less affected by it. They compete against the spiders for the role of apex predators and their superior intelligence ensures their victory, another blow to the spider population.

In the seas, Bork’s Ventar gorge themselves on prey fish till their population breaks and starts a boom bust cycle. During the bust they pick up some minor cannibalistic tendencies.

Finally Victor Morte names the first planet and calls it Mortale Mundus.

The Kingdom of the Dead stands silent with two of it’s wardens.

The well of souls stirs, almost imperceptibly.

Soon after, so do the gods.

Act Totals
Kinatar: 5
Bork: 6
Victor Morte: 7
The Lurker In the Unknown: 10
Azreal: 6
Nysela: 5
Gnos: 5

State of the Divine Spheres:

Universal Encyclopedia
Mortale Mundus:

Unnamed mars sized planet:

Plane: The Kingdom of the Dead:

Last edited by KatoHearts(A) on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

https://godhood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Nysela claps excitedly as her meteors strike, the earlier wave of death from disease not nearly as entertaining. As she watches the Vaikrate continue to evolve and advance towards sapience, an idea strikes.

She formulates her next creation, a single six sided die. Into it, she focus her power once more. A pure game of chance, perfectly balanced and utterly impartial - even to the gods themselves.

Upon the landing of the six, the lucky roller is granted the most powerful strain of psionics; a chunk of purest Stellar Iron fusing into their body and granting power unimagineable...though the skill to use it may be lacking.

Upon the landing of the four or five, a fortunate life awaits the roller. Mates, hunts, business and trade once it becomes a thing...even rulership.

However, for all good there must be bad. Upon the landing of the two or three, the exact opposite occurs - bad luck follows the roller for the rest of their mortal life. Mates leave, prey flees, crops (when they develop) wither, and so on.

Woe betide the roller who lands a one. For those who land a one have their souls instantly stripped from their body, forever cut off from the Well of Souls and the cycle of reincarnation, forever to be the plaything of Nysela herself.

Furthermore, she forces a condition into the die: Only those who already possess a strong sense of self and will can have the Die appear before them, and once a person rolls, the Die disappears from the world, to re-appear 5 to 10 years later.

((OOC: 1: Soul stripped directly to Nysela. 2-3: Bad luck for the rest of your life. 4-5: Good luck for the rest of your life. 6: Stellar Iron fused into your body, Omega strain of psionics granted (not the accompanying skill though) ))

"Once the little playthings have their minds, there's going to be so much fun!"

Her Artifact created, she holds onto it for the time being. There's no use having it appear when there's nothing to realize it's use after all.

Acts

Create Artifact: Nysela's Die: 3 Acts

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Flat_Land_Snake Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:56 am

The slow development of intelligence has roused Gnos from their long slumber.

"I smell the beginnings of potential."

As their form coalesces in the pantheon, they observes the happenings in their absence.

"Life, obstacles, goals... You have most of the recipe. But where is the spark? Let's see if I remember how to do this."

With a wave of the long sleeve hiding the form of their arm monuments of stone form from the ground like clay. Stories of civilizations so long forgotten that even the libraries of Gnos barely contain any information is carved in their walls. While their face is not visible, the sense of a smile radiates from their hooded form.

"There, let their new nature do with that what it will."

Acts

Create Stone Monuments (pristine condition at this point in time; roughly the size of Stonehenge): 1 Act

Impart Aspect of Curiosity upon the Vaikrate: 1 Act

Flat_Land_Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyius Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am

Victor, reinvigorated by the cycles of life and death, begins his next task.

"10,000 bodies, formless clay, devoid of soul, waiting for their inhabitants. These shall be my Court of the Dead, those judged by the Arbiter to be worthy to sit on the councils of Life and Death."

And with that, he creates, in the bowels of his citadel in the Kingdom of Death, 10,000 shapeless masses of clay, waiting for their souls. For when a worthy mortal passes through the Well, either a great preserver or destroyer of life(such as a doctor whose discoveries saved thousands or millions of lives, or the executioner who ends them), they shall be imparted to one of his Court, and the clay shall reshape to reflect the Soul's mortal form, but skeletal and desiccated. To them, he grants immortality, and a degree of omniscience. For when any soul, living or dead, petitions Victor to restore or take away life, it shall be his Court to decide, and they shall know all the details of the mortal lives which they are to judge. For creatures with such an important task, he restricts them. They might never leave his castle in the Kingdom of the Dead, lest their soul be stripped and cast into the cycle of reincarnation, and their body become but formless clay once more.

"And now, for their tools."

He then crafts for his Court an Artifact of great power, The Ledger of Souls. This artifact has the power to restore, or take, life from any soul that exists. However, he limits it, it will only work if he himself writes their name within it, or if his Court does, with a 70% majority agreement.

"And for my final acts this Eon, I name the planet that crosses the sky, that keeps the time, I name it Advenus, the Migrant in the Skies. And upon it, I seed the basics of life. And perhaps, I shall give the Slimes a gift...a malleability of their intelligence. But I lack the power to do it for all of them...so perhaps, a third shall gain this power. We shall see how this affects their evolution."

After creating life on Advenus, Victor changes a random 1/3rd of all slimes, giving them Malleable Intelligence. Those slimes, when they devour any slime, would gain its memories, and when they split to reproduce, they would divide their memories among their offspring. Victor mused, that it would be interesting to see how this advantage plays out.

And with that, Victor returns to rest, and watch over the world. For his machinery will soon be put in motion.

"Oh yes, Kinatar, are you able to create the Shepard any time soon?"

Acts Used
Creating The Noble Dead: 2 Acts (Unique Race, Only Exist in Afterlife, Two Powers: limited omniscience and immortality, Restriction: Must hear every petition sent to Victor on matters of life and death)(If I have to invest more acts into them, I'll do it next turn)
Creating The Ledger of Souls: 2 Acts
Seeding Advenus with Basic Life: 1 Act
Acts put towards creating The Shepard: 1 Act
Giving 1/3rd of all slimes Malleable Intelligence: 1 Act
---------------------
Acts Remaining: 0

OOC: Victor is going to look for the first beings with Souls to murder another Souled being, or save their life. They'll be the first of his Court. The rest will be those the Arbiter judges to have ended or saved incredible amounts of life for the time. If the Court ever gets full, the Arbiter will determine who to replace if necessary.

Alcyius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Nysela rolls her eyes as Victor monologues about the naming of a celestial body of no real interest, and flits about the other Deities, poking over their metaphorical or literal shoulders to check what they're doing.

"So what are you all up to then? More toys to watch scurry around? Knicknacks to share with them when they finally start thinking?"

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Detroct Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Azreal glances at Nysela briefly before gesturing to a small ball of light in front of him.

"I'm working on... these." Small figures can be seen moving in unison inside, around a center piece that is much larger. "You can even take a little credit, I'm taking some ideas from your actions."
Detroct
Detroct

Back to top Go down

Post by Runemaker Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Bork doesn't look at Nysela as she flits over, focusing wholly on the clay statue before him, its form still being molded by his two lower arms. For now his smithing hammers sit silently in his upper arm's grasp.

"I am working to deliver this new world its first challenge, it's first goal. For now I shall shape it to perfection."

His eyes do drift momentarily towards Advenus, the second planet. He spares a moment more to swing his left hammer down on his anvil, its strike sparking even more life on the once barren world. He turns his gaze back to the statue as he speaks again.

"For now let this second world hold a bounty, that hunters may emerge in force. As their food dwindles from this surge, only the ones capable of true strength will survive."

His attention fully on his statue again, Bork carefully works the material. Its form is ever changing, and it is unclear what the goal is. Whatever it is, it looks large.

"For now the beasts of our main world have earned my attention. They deserve a challenge."

--------------------------
Acts
Create more basic life on Advenus: 1 Act
--------------------------
Acts remaining: 5 Acts

Runemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by SFR Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

The Heavens shudder with slight irritation of the Lurker in the Unknown when Victor's impudent orderly actions once more come to Its attention.

"Yet again you impose your supposed order upon the chaotic nature of the Universe. Even worse, you deem to presume that those created from Chaos itself shall follow this system? How brazen you are. However Chaos shall not be controlled nor contained by your machinations."

Its incalculable eyes all blink in a random wave as It exerts Its chaotic will upon the Well of Souls ensuring that nothing that came forth from the Chaos may ever be tainted with a soul from the Well and thus exist outside of the system of the Kingdom of the Dead. That which rose from the Chaos shall return to the Chaos. Of course this action would only currently affect the slimes once they gain sentience.

"Now then..."

The Lurker appears besides Nysela with a glint of mischief, excitement, and Pride in Its red eyes.

"Here is a new game of chance and randomness for you..."

The multitude of red eyes give off the impression that It is currently smiling from ear to ear if It had ears. Or a face.

"The force of Fate. You will be able to see the Fate of things within this Universe as they are currently. As well as influence them. However, you will not be able to choose how Fate is influenced. It is a game of pure chance as to what shall occur. Intrigued?"

The Lurker in the Unknown awaits an answer from the Scribe of Luck, Determination, and Secrets...

OOC Info:

Acts
Alter the Rules of the Kingdom of the Dead: 3
Create Fate: 3
Restrict Fate to "Can Only Be Changed Randomly": 1 act
Acts Remaining: 3

Last edited by SFR on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total

SFR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:30 pm

"Ooooh, interesting...It's a lovely lovely offer but I think you should use it. Luck is all about being blind sometimes! Well, not for us. But you know how it is. But you should keep a hold of it yourself. I'm honored you'd offer it to me though~"

Nysela winks and keeps on flitting and poking over the shoulders of Kinatar and Gnos.

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by SFR Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 pm

It's not as though It had created Fate only for the Scribe to use. Chaos and Fate have no favourites. Unperturbed by Nysela's response the Lurker in the Unknown continues to do as It always has done.

Lurkers gotta lurk.

SFR

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonshardz Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:34 am

Kinatar watches the world, a thoughtful expression on her face, as a small ball of blue light coalesces between her hands. Moments, or perhaps an small eternity, pass before she turns to Victor Morte and sends the orb drifitng towards him.

"As you asked, friend, the last of the Lords of the Dead." She claps her hands, and the light dissipates, leaving behind the Shepherd. "To us and the Vaikrate, he shall appear as the idealized Vaikrate, a herdsman tall and strong upon his haunches, bearing a crook and waterskin. To any other mortal, he shall take the appearance of a herdsman of their race. I have granted him the power to be in many places at once upon this plane, so he may guide souls individually upon their journey to rebirth."

She then summons a bit of power about herself, and reshapes a portion of the Plane Eternal into her own demense and the Afterlife for the Vaikrate.

"I defer to you in the judging of souls and recording of gained knowledge, Victor Morte, but mine who do not choose rebirth immediately shall not be sent into your Necropolis or the barren Wastes. They shall join the Caravan Aeternus and roam at my side until they tire of the Afterlife and choose rebirth. I also grant the Unending Wastes the appearance and function of the savannahs the Vaikrate inhabit, unless of course a restless soul or another God creates their own place within the Wastes."

OOC Info: The Caravan Aeternus:

Acts
Grant the Shepherd "Malleable Form": 1
Grant the Shepherd "Multipresent": 1
Alter the Kingdom of the Dead: 3
Acts Remaining: 0
dragonshardz
dragonshardz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:48 am

"Seriously? A triumvirate of effort, ages of time spent, all just to store your toys when they break?"

Nysela looks at Kinatar a bit incredulously.

"You're supposed to be the cool oldest sister."

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by SFR Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 am

"Ah, refreshing to know that I was not the only one with such thoughts of their actions. One must wonder why they fear the chaotic nature of what is unknown and uncertain so much?"

The Lurker in the Unknown appears as a hand-sized, rainbow hued, fuzzy ball suspended in the air beside Nysela as It chuckles. Or at least what could be perceived as a chuckle.

SFR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:25 pm

"I mean, I understand Order and structure and all that. But it's just...the little things break. They make new ones. Half of their existence seems to be the process of making new ones, when they're not eating or sleeping. But there's still so much effort gone into storing the broken ones, and half that effort was to just...give them a way back?"

Nysela turns makes a shrugging gesture at the Lurker.

"I guess it's because I'm not the type to make life so I don't have any investment in them"

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonshardz Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Kinatar looks evenly back at Nysela, as well as the Lurker, sprawled in a welter of cushions under a canopy at the center of her newly created Demense.

"Cycles are an investment, little sister. My 'toys' live and wander, in so doing they give me power to do as pleases me."

She flickers and blurs, an instant later standing upright at eternity away from where she was.

"It is not fear of chaos or uncertainty, Lurker in Shadow. Chaos can be beautiful, joyous. But order and creation, existence - these provide context and comparison with your favored state." Another flickering blur, the Goddess standing before the Lurker and Nysela.

"Secrets and determination are powerless without intelligence to harness them. Chaos for its own sake means nothing if Chaos is all that exists."

Kinatar reaches out and leaves a blade of grass balanced atop the Lurker, as well as across Nysela's nose.

"Action in potential comes from balance, and balance from equally opposing qualities."

Last edited by dragonshardz on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bah humbug)
dragonshardz
dragonshardz

Back to top Go down

Post by SFR Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Now in the shape of purplish translucent gaseous form with electricity arcing over it, the Lurker counters the statements of Kinatar.

"I would like point out that Chaos was all that existed before it was decided to impose order upon it. Chaos is not merely my favoured state. It is what existed before you all decided it would be better to create order in this universe."

Its form seamlessly chances to that of what could be described as a caricature of a pale blue ghost inside of a mason jar.

"Sigh. It was much more pleasant then. Every thing undefined and in a constant flux. Eventually all shall return to such a state though. Perhaps sooner than any of us could expect..."

The disembodied mouth that is now the current form of the Lurker in the Unknown grins a very wide grin full of golden teeth before the prideful entity once more returns to an unknown location.

SFR

Back to top Go down

Post by Runemaker Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Bork glances away from his statue, which is rapidly taking form, at Kinatar.

There is no glory in an equally opposing force.

He returns his eyes to his work as he continues to sculpt out what appears to be a large wing.

It is in overcoming great opposition, in opposing what other's accept, that mortals shall find their true purpose, their true power.

Runemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:42 pm

"With a little luck and some determined grit, right Bork~?"

Nysela's eyes glint as her mood swaps back to cheerful.

"That's...something big. More life for the planet?"

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Runemaker Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Luck helps, but is understandably unreliable. Passion, grit, determination, the strength I aim to inspire carries many names.

He smiles down at his statue.

The first of my muses.

Runemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next