A PBP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas-N-Go: The First Night

4 posters

Go down

Gas-N-Go: The First Night Empty Gas-N-Go: The First Night

Post by KatoHearts(A) Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:46 am

It's about as unremarkable as you'd expect.

The pumps are rusted, the pavements are cracked, and the sign has seen better days but it still proudly proclaims, in green neon, "GAS-N-GO!".

Here it stands, one little blip of civilization in so many miles of nothing.

It probably doesn't get that much business but tonight, I think, it will see its fair share of people.

Yesterday you got a phone call, from who you could only assume was Management, telling you that you had the job and to report to a training shift tonight 9:00 PM sharp.

The current time is 8:45 PM.

Shift's End is 6:00 AM.

Let's All Have A Productive Evening.

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

https://godhood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gas-N-Go: The First Night Empty Re: Gas-N-Go: The First Night

Post by Taonna Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:09 pm

James sits in his car smoking a cigarette, he had been there for about 15 minutes already when he glanced at the time which showed 8:45. He took one final drag and slide out of the car walking towards the building. Mumbling to himself "Better to be early than late dad always said" he took a moment near the door to fix his nicer white shirt and kakki pants so they looked nice before entering.
Taonna
Taonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Letmun Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:18 am

Darren stares blankly at his phone for a minute before noticing the telltale dinosaur with a wrench. "Not sure what I expected here." He had just arrived around 8:43, he checks out the front of the store before picking himself up out of his car. Fixing his polo and trousers and grabbing a jacket from his car, mumbling to himself "These places always have the AC cranked to 12." He checks his phone one last time before walking into the Gas-n-Go.
Letmun
Letmun

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaspira Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Mina takes some time to fix up her makeup, after getting a little bit smudged throughout the day. Her sleep schedule is still on normal time, so this is going to be a rough all-nighter. In a rush to get ready, she's wearing a pair of black pants and a slightly less-than-professional, but good enough to not be called out on top. She manages to walk in the door just on time, at 8:58, "Hi... I'm the new hire."

Lunaspira

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:21 am

9:00 PM

The inside of the station is surprisingly modern. Along the back wall are the coolers, which appear to be efficient, given the layer of frost across the glass. On the left are three long aisles of snacks, automotive products, and other useful necessities. Along the south and east walls are various souvenirs as well as an ice cream freezer. In the back left is a hallway, probably leading to the bathrooms and the back of the coolers. On the right is the cashier's counter, surprisingly open, where a greasy headed fellow stares at his cell phone. In the back right is a coffee machine, a hot dog roller, and a slushy machine with an out of order sign it.

The man looks up when Darren and James head inside but shrugs and goes back to his phone until Mina speaks up.

Hire?

Oh, right.

Guessin you, and these two are the new night shift then?

He nods towards Darren and James.

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaspira Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:58 am

Mina gives the man a bit of a look-over, feeling somewhat unsurprised but disappointed at the extremely stereotypically gross individual in front of her, and makes a mental note of the name on his nametag (If he has one).

"Yep... that's me. I don't know about the those guys, though." She cocks her head a little bit, "Anything I should know, getting started working here? I know how to ring people up on a register, but I don't know if there's any special procedures or anything that I should know as I get started working?"

Lunaspira

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:31 am

The man, who's nametag marks him as Trevor, stands up and pulls a jacket out from under the counter.

Fuck if I know, but it's gotta be the same as day shift right?

Trevor pulls on the jacket and reaches back under the counter. He fishes out a book labeled "Gas-N-Go Dayshift Manual" and tosses it on the counter.

Best I can do. Dunno what happened to the night shift manual, idiots probably lost it.

He grabs a backpack and makes for the doors.

Technically I'm supposed to train you chumps, but I really don't care.

So I'm going to assume you chumps can read and just go.

I already put the day's profits in my shift's safe so good luck getting yours open, not that I know the combo anyway.

He laughs and heads out, a minute or two later you hear him speed off into the night.

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Letmun Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:33 am

Sighing loudly "So It can't be that different right? I hope." picking up the manual ad flipping through it "So I'm darren who're you two? Let's hope this has the safe code in here."
Letmun
Letmun

Back to top Go down

Post by Taonna Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:46 am

"James" he starts to look around behind the counter and the back room if they have one trying to locate a night manual "Generally, night shifts are vastly different from day shifts, less costumers mean we have time to stock, clean, and various other things that can only really be done when no costumers are around. So I doubt that day shift manual will be of any particular use to us."
Taonna
Taonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaspira Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:44 am

"Well, I'm Mina. Nice to meet you two." She holds a hand out for a handshake, "I guess we're going to be working here together?"

"Sooooo..... if you're going to be looking for the manual in the back, I guess I'll look for the stock we should have for the coffee machine. I'm going to take a guess that, for the night shift, that's probably the single most important thing we need to keep filled up to keep whatever weirdos who wander in here happy."

Lunaspira

Back to top Go down

Post by Letmun Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Takes the handshake "It's nice that our "Trainer" left so suddenly, none of us know how to work the register and we kinda need to so that we can sell these fine wears to our hopefully wonderful customers."

"Also while your back there James can you try to look for a register key? It would be nice if we could at least balance the registers here, but until then I'll be trying to finger my way though this thing, It can't be that hard to use a register right?"
Letmun
Letmun

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:24 am

There's a loud click from behind the counter. Anyone who cares to look will see that a floor safe has unlocked. Meanwhile, whoever heads to the back finds the break room. There's a well-worn couch, a table, some chairs, and a set of lockers on the wall. A cot stands against the wall next to a sturdy looking box. There are a few pictures on the wall as well as a time clock. There are two other doors leading out of this room. The first is a shade of pale green with "Management" written in block letters. The other is simply labeled "Storage".

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taonna Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:31 am

James will knock on the management door and if no one answers he will attempt to open the door, should that prove unsuccessful he shall try the storage door.
Taonna
Taonna

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:50 am

No one answers the door but it opens easily enough. Inside is a chair, a filing cabinet and a desk with a pale green rotary phone on it but... hmm... it doesn't seem like the room is used very often. Dust hangs in the air, there's this sort of slight musty scent and the room itself seems to just exude stillness.

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taonna Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:20 am

James takes a look around and tries to find the night shift stuff in here
Taonna
Taonna

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 am

James
A cursory search of the office reveals an amazing amount of nothing. No pens, paper, anything that would imply that the office has ever actually been used as such. That is, until your search brings you to the filing cabinet. It's similarly empty except for the "N" section. Inside is a large book, much larger than the dayshift manual, haphazardly made and repaired just as poorly. It seems to be made of equal parts duct tape, sticky notes, and whatever paper was available. It's cover proudly proclaims it to be the night shift manual.

Darren and Mina
Though you don't have much to do at the moment, that's about to change. There's, well it's likely a man, hard to tell since he seems to be wearing several jackets, including a long overcoat, and his face is covered by a hood. Given the state of his clothes he's likely homeless. Either way, he's walking up with this lurching gait, probably a bum leg.

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taonna Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:14 am

James pulls out the Night shift manual and opens it to the first page reading what is there, as he does this he pushes the drawer closed and takes a seat in the dusty chair. "Well I didn't expect the manual to look like this."
Taonna
Taonna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunaspira Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:25 am

Mina takes a look at the figure who has just wandered in and, having worked retail before, instinctively stops what she's doing and goes behind the cash wrap, "Hi, welcome to Gas-n-Go. Can we help you find anything?"

Lunaspira

Back to top Go down

Post by Letmun Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Darren looks up from the register for a bit trying to get a look at the mans face, before looking back down at the register and continuing to focus on the operation of the device
Letmun
Letmun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum