A PBP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godhood: Sic Semper Divinus

+5
Letmun
AztechnologyPR
Elaphoil
KatoHearts(A)
Sevasta
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Godhood: Sic Semper Divinus - Page 2 Empty Re: Godhood: Sic Semper Divinus

Post by Bob The 3rd Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:12 am

The cogs turn again, and Sxryi is pleased to see the diversity of unintelligent species. Although biological evolution is not the domain of The Mechanism, it drives progress.

"They have survived this far. Let us see what they do with more choices for themselves."

The Mechanism reaches out to the unnamed, only to pause. Another god has left it's fingerprints on them, and granted them intelligence? Acceptable, if unnexpected. Sxryi turns its attention to the other planet, the one with no fire and a colleague on its surface.

"Too primative. More tools must be created."

The Mechanism churns and creates large airborne predators on Althera, massive wings designed to keep them aloft for hours on end on the low gravity and unusual atmosphere planet. Predators by nature, favoring long hunts and larger prey when possible, these intelligent gliding animals are not too great in number as to preserve the equilibrium between predator and prey. Endowed with highly developed brains and the omnipresent magic of the universe, perhaps they will create progress alongside driving it.

"These thick hided, many armed, clawed animals need a reason to innovate. Apex predators should do nicely."

Sxryi notices a colleague down on the surface, running among their race. Maybe they will spurn progress.

"I have added some challenges to facilitate the development of technology. I recommend watching the skies."

The cogs slow, and Sxryi conserves it's strength, knowing that realizing it's true power will take many eons of progress.

[Create unique, large life on Althera [unnamed species] [airborne predators built for the unusual atmosphere, not overly populous in number]: 4 acts]

[Grant the second, new unnamed species intelligence: 2 acts]

[1 act remains]

Last edited by Bob The 3rd on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Bob The 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by AztechnologyPR Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:35 am

Velsavis, living for a time among the Altheri, hears the clarion call of a fellow deity, still residing in the ether above.

Challenges? She thinks hard on what this could mean. She needs not wait long to find out as the attacks begin.

Several cycles later, however, she stands with her tribe on the corpse of a large airborne predator, unlike any she has ever seen or conceptualized. The fight was fierce, far more than is the case with packs of Vanu - and many of the tribe will not return from the hunt. But in the end, the ever-improving tools and weapons of the Altheri, and their burgeoning intelligence and resultant grasp of co-operative tactics, made the difference - allowing them to bring it to ground and butcher it where it fell.

Untethering herself from her vessel, she regains her omniscience for the briefest of moments, just long enough to reply, before rejoining the tribe.

"My gratitude for the challenge - these new creatures fight hard, smart, and well, and the shock brought on by their presence has already spurred new thoughts among my creations. I very much look forward to discovering what else your Mechanism has in store."

She also notices the appearance of orichalcum on the neighbouring planet, and finds it most interesting. Perhaps one day she will bring it to Althera, giving her creations a most interesting substance to work with.

She returns to her vessel, to better help her tribe cut the creature apart. There will be meat to store, and a body to examine - what new ideas, concepts, or crude tools or weaponry can be extracted from it or created from its body? She knows not, but looks forward to observing what the Altheri can deduce.

Last edited by AztechnologyPR on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

AztechnologyPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Liburr Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Spotting the other goddess from her seat just above the sun, Ayan waves her greeting at her colleague who has taken her repose once more. "Hiya. That was a lot of effort on just one race, wasn't it?" The young one asks quisically, making no attempt to move any closer.

Her own machinations would have to wait for now, but whatever this Mechanism was, it was certainly effective. Perhaps it would assist her in her own peoples creation, though adversity was perhaps not the greatest way to trigger change, it was certainly effective. Quietly she began to move, drifting away from this star as she notes for perhaps not the first time just how cluttered this system was.

Liburr

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob The 3rd Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:18 pm

"Join The Mechanism, Vral. Progress is innevitable, after all."

"Progress? Certainly but is it worth committing all progress to my memory? Certainly not."

"There is no discrimination in The Mechanism. Join the cosmic machine and be whole alongside Sxryi."

"I would miss half of what makes the universe fascinating."

"In the end, all shall fall under The Mechanism. It is only a matter of eons."

Vral produces a fresh piece of vellum, titles to 'The Machine'.

"Certainly. After all, your work will remain for millennia or more no?"

"All progress turns The Mechanism. The Mechanism cares not from where or how science is pursued, only that it is."

"And what if the cycle renews? Civilizations have fallen and risen for eon. Planets left in smoldering husks. Nought there but to begin again."

"A new beginning means new paths, new sciences, new thought. There is never one path of progress."

"I think I'm beginning to understand you better."

"It is favorable if a species survives long enough to advance beyond the previous. In the end, progress will span the stars. May your works yeild the results you wish, Vral."

"May you advance the cosmos in time Machine."

Bob The 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by AztechnologyPR Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Velsavis hears another goddess address her, and removes herself to the cosmos for a split second once again.

"It was, indeed. But innovation comes as a byproduct of intelligence in adversity, and our fellow members of the Pantheon have certainly granted them that adversity. Life evolves all around us - trees, mundane animals, even magic itself, both here and on Tisante. But innovation requires either that spark from a single individual, or that same united effort from a civilization."

"In time, I'm sure, other species will rise to the occasion. But for now? For now, I'm enjoying the immense pleasure of watching a young hunter inspect the spear that broke off inside a Vanu, look at the items around him, and wrap the head of the shaft in strappings to make sure that it doesn't happen again. Believe me - nothing can compare."

"I did see your new creation on Tisante. A most interesting substance, I must admit. In time, I can see these creatures having much use for it."

Her response completed, Velsavis returns to her vessel, exiting her primitive lodgings, and looking up at the cosmos as she stands in Althera's pale moonlight.

AztechnologyPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrono Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Arlamor gallops into being, bleeding from the massive hunks of missing flesh on either shoulder, distended jaw stained red. He bellows incoherently as he tramples stardust into a rough ball, drops of blood staining the grey surface. It surges with life as he continues to rage and stamp, growing into tiny, green, six-legged rodents. He stamps his hooves and names them Goroff.

The sun will be enough to nourish them - even let them reproduce - but they will never know life without terrible hunger. This new creation immediately seizes on its brothers, devouring each other in a frenzy of teeth. Stomachs burst as the victors gorge themselves to death.

Many flee to the mesas and plateaus, restraining their boundless appetites enough to live alongside each other - and learn to hunt as a pack.

Arlamor laughs as the dust is stained red, and then snorts at the other assembled godly beings. "THESE WORLDS ARE RIFE WITH STRUGGLE AND NEED. YOU MUST HUNGER AS I DO."

---
2 acts for mars-planet (named ROGMAURLERNAUGH), 3 for unique small animals with powerful photosynthesis (gotta keep that population up somehow) (named GROEF)
2 acts left

Last edited by Chrono on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Liburr Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 pm

"How... unsightly," The goddess huffs, watching yet another newcomer storm in and create a new planet, rife with a mess of cannibalistic rats. Looking over at Valnir and the creations that bear his mark, her interest is once more piqued. "Hello over there, I take it you actually have plans then? Perhaps some measure of cooperation is in order?"

Liburr

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaphoil Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Turning from the endless grinding of the machine, Vral surveyed the universe, now that new Gods had made their mark.

Vral furrowed his brow. Gods knew not what they mucked about in. He turned to the Altheri, their greatness granted by Velsavis.

"No patience. None at all."

He rested his brow in his hands. He turned towards the Vanu, his own creation. He saw their struggle and plights. Once more Vral took his keys and opened the soul of the Vanu. He whispered into its soul, asking it about the Altheri, about the life of Vanu, and about how the Vanu might be. He gave them the ability to ask themselves these questions, and he gave them the desire to establish their future.

Writing upon his vellum, Vral scratched *Though they may be small, I have made them proud. Whatever they attempt they will do to their utmost.*

With that settled, Vral turned once again, producing a new sheet of vellum to record the arrival Arlamor. Worry streaked his face as he saw the endless carnage of the GROEF. *A species perhaps doomed to endless torment, with no purpose. It will be monitored but I have little hope.*

He examined the work of Ayan upon Tisante and smiled. An idea that he has witnessed rarely jumped into his head.

He took one of the creatures that he had created and imbued them with the ability to take the metal they ate to grow into plates, spikes, and even treacherous teeth. With quick scalpel work and thread he attached the new organs to them, and watched them grow. Along with being able to stick to the walls, these terrifying but intelligent hunters understood the world around them. He called them Metallachnids. He made them excellent hunters, able to spin metal webs, to entrap and strangle prey. They could plan, and they used the terrain around them to create attractive lures to ambush prey.

He then unlocked the soul of the yet unnamed species that Ayan had uplifted, and gave them the desire for the metals around them; not just for their usefulness but for their beauty. With their souls locked shut once more, Vral leaned back, eager to see how trade and predation would influence both groups of creatures.

-------------

[1 act to give the Vanu the ability to philosophize about how to approach the Altheri encroachment]
[2 acts to give the Metallachnids intelligence, 1 act to give them organs that take their metal and grow it into protective and offensive protrustions, 1 act to make them fantastic hunters]
[1 act to give the unnamed sentient species on Tisante a desire for metal beyond its usefulness]
[0 acts remain]

Elaphoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Liburr Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:27 pm

"Awww, you talk about impatience and then do that to the poor things. At least let them deal with the other problem children before throwing them in the fire." Ayan seems rather unhappy with this incessant predation. All these gods acting with such short sight would sooner doom their own civilizations to failure before they bore fruit. And then there was that race. Such abuse of power needed to be brought back in line. "Cease your incessant bullying and open your eyes to the real problem those sons and daughters of Velsamais represent. She can't hear us right now, you know, so it's the perfect time to curtail so many boons on one people so utterly united. Surely I shouldn't have to spell for you what would happen should they ever succeed." Age didn't matter when it came to this chiding, it seemed, and as she had nothing else to do, it seemed Ayan was growing impatient until she could act again.

Seeing Vral waste his actions on punishing those children already reeling from a difficult start, she instead turns her entreaties to their creator. "O divine machine, the others do not see the forest from the trees. If you do not aid your creations at all, they shall be swept away by the Chosen of others." A dire warning, perhaps, but sweeping her gaze defiantly to those who were both present and acting, she dared them nonverbally for refutation of this claim.

Last edited by Liburr on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Liburr

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrono Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:32 pm

ARLAMOR roars in triumph. "YES, THEIR HARMONY DOES NOTHING TO SATE OUR GLUTTONY. TURN THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER, LET THEM FEEL THE GRISTLE OF THEIR RIVALS IN THEIR MOUTHS. WE WILL FEAST FOR AGES"

Chrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaphoil Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Vral glanced up from his work and looked Ayan in her eyes.

"My goal is not to build civilization. My goal is to see the results of experiments play out before me. I saw the Vanu at the edge of opportunity, so I gave them the ability to make their choice. They might come together and fight hard against the Altheri. They might decide it is better to work with them. They might perish in battle. They might surprise me. All of these results are currently outlined."

He tapped his quill on the vellum, pointing out the different ways he could see how the Vanu might go forward.

"What I want to see is what choices they make. I want to see if they do not follow trodden paths. If those choices lead to destruction, then that is the result. The same will happen on Tisante. I do agree though when it comes to that wretched new world.

He wrinkles his nose at the thought.

"Moderation has its purpose. But when I see possibilities for new results I will press them. Even if they are violent and rude to your senses."

Elaphoil

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob The 3rd Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 pm

The mechanism grinds louder as Sxryi speaks, its mechanical thrumming echoing through the nothing. The words may be directed at the young god Ayan, or they may be directed to nothing at all. Like everything it says and does, it rings more of a machine than any spoken voice.

"The Mechanism prepares its first appearance of importance. It does not aid, it creates and allows the created of all to follow their own path of discovery. Perhaps it will quell this conflict you dislike. Perhaps not. Whatever progresses the great work of Science."

The grinding quiets, but there is clearly something building in the ethereal clockwork that presumably is Sxryi.

Bob The 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by Letmun Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Valnir had been staring at the planet of rats with a look of both disgust and interest "These creatures only fight and eat, normally I would enjoy this, yet these do it with no art or skill, it is a disgrace to warriors"

He then looked away and back to the people he had made, he was pleasantly surprised by their sudden rise to power due to their pack hunting nature and their adaptations, yet he knew at this rate they would never settle down and craft settlements, so he decided to intervene on these once more, as a ethereal runestone appeared in front of him as he begun to change the very text of their existence, as he gave them a great need to find and create dens and settlements, with groups of them, along with a communal interest for their kind.

Yet, Valnir was still not done with his time as he looked at  Tisante and mused to himself "The din of battle rings well, yet it seems to need a bit of decoration to it, let us see" as he pulled a simple longsword from his hilt, and slammed it into the void of space, as this happened grand monuments rose out of the ground made of a flat white stone seemingly unnatural even on this strange world unblemished by nature or time , designed after arms, mythical beasts and simply tablets of lore, any being that settled near these would have the stones faint magic flow into them, as it spurred the inhabitants to create art and innovate to create less transient settlements, these where placed among locations that where either easily defense-able or had wonderful views apon the lands

And with a final sigh he prepared to use the last of his power, as he breathed onto the land and with it magic took form in another shape, the ideas of spirits and shared beliefs could hold power now, as without an afterlife the dead souls of beings would now linger and give power to the lands they once roamed in the physical plane, and hopefully one day powerful shamans would be able to tap into this power and with it into the power of the land and myths itself, as his large breath finished he sat down deeply tired from the endeavor as he begun to rest

[Spending 2 act to make the sungazers communal and home seeking beings]
[Spending 4 acts to place monoliths of power on Tisante]
[Spending 5 acts to create basic shamanistic magic]
[No acts remaining]

Last edited by Letmun on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Letmun
Letmun

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Jomontet listens to the other gods talk for a while before finishing off his drink.

"Back to business then."

He makes a minor arcane gesture and calls forth a new plane of existence.

"This is Ridam, the plane of Night. A place of power and a way to travel should you know the way. Admittedly its pretty empty at the moment as it mirrors the real world but that will change as time goes on. Though I think I'll leave a city in there for later. That will be interesting, I'm sure."

He makes another gesture and constructs a grand floating city in Ridam. It appears ancient yet perfectly preserved, down to plates on tables and coals in furnaces. In the center there is a regal palace whose walls are inscribed with the tale of creation, the content of which are kept current by magical means.

"And finally..."

Jomontet snaps his fingers and wills forth a sapphire moon for Rogmaurlernaugh.

"Felt like I needed to complete the set."

Acts
Create the plane of Night, Ridam: 5 acts
Create the palace of Ridam: 1 act
Create the Sapphire moon for Rogmaurlernaugh: 1 act
---
0 Acts left

OOC Ridam:

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

https://godhood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luno Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Drylax strolls into the universe from the the pits of the here-there-after and is delighted to see life beginning to take hold and how veracious it is, how willing to kill to survive these rats are. They have caught his interest, but first something must be done about the lack of mental powers.

This simply will not due, intelligence is showing up but truly they need more. Those who go through a truly intense struggle, where death is the most likely outcome, those who survive shall be gifted one of my three gifts, Mind Control, Pyromancy, Psychokinetics

Next, he looks around

These rats fill me with delight, their deaths, their struggle, their fighting, it is beautiful, but really they only know the equal struggle, against one another, that is not truly a dangerous struggle, a species of large eagle should do the trick, bright red, full of passion, hunger, and anger, and a will to survive, they shall make the rats struggle deeper

4 acts of psionics
3 acts of making the firebirds
0 acts remain

Luno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevasta Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Jomontet rests on his laurels at first, watching and enjoying.

Ayan enters the universe, happy and pleasant. She takes pity on the unnamed species of Tisante, granting them true intelligence - the spark of fire, real tools, and co-operation.

Velsavis surges into action, gifting the Altheri with better physicality, even more intellect and force of will. She imbues them with an innate sense of social stability as they burgeon into sapience. She then takes to the surface herself, leading the charge of progress amongst her favored creations.

Ayan focuses again on Tisante, molding the metallovores to produce within them and excrete Orichalcum - a powerful metal for a future advanced race.

Sxryi once more inscrutably acts, a second unnamed species emerging, this time on Althera. Massive carnivorous flying creatures, few of number but seeded from the start with intelligence.

Arlamor stampedes through the fabric of reality, his rampage forming another Althera-sized planet in stable counterorbit, the death planet ROGMAURLERNAUGH. Upon it his blood drips to form the Goroff, a race of forever ravenous, cannibalistic photosynthesis-capable rodents. Perhaps luckily, they do not possess intelligence.

Vral focuses on a single species of the metallovores, a spider like species as he uplifts them with the spark of intelligent cunning and further gifts them with the ability to coat themselves with the metal they eat. He also taps the Vanu with a sense of patience and wariness.

Valnif rocks the planet once more, great monuments of strange beasts and figures erupting in flat white stone, immune to the predations of the metallovores and possessed of a faint familial magic. He pools his power and gifts the universe with Shamanism - the power of the elements and ancestors. Finally, he imbues the Sungazers with a budding sense of community.

Jomontent warps space into his own plane of existence, the Plane of Night; Ridam and within it his palace. Lastly, he gestures and a Sapphire sphere forms over ROGMAURLERNAUGH.

Drylax at last acts as he forms into reality, his power focusing into the gift of Psionics - that any species can unlock, though only through great personal struggle. He also gifts ROGMAURLERNAUGH with the Firebirds, a great avian race that helps thin the Goroff tides.

And thus the gods rest, and the worlds turn and time advances…

---

Ayan’s boons to the unnamed of Tisante are well received, as the species huddles together around small pits where naturally combustible lichen is shoved until the assembled magical energy conflagarates. The species is far from true sapience but at least intuitively understands the shiny heat keeps the larger species away. They begin to pick up shards of errant metal to swipe and thrust at attackers. Their numbers however, still suffer as they breed much slower than the others.

Eventually the combined assault of the increasingly crafty Sungazers and the sudden intelligence of the Metallarachnids proves a terrible crucible, as the population of the unnamed species dwindles down to no more than ten thousand on the whole planet. These lucky ten thousand find shelter deep in caves, their lichenfires keeping the feral metallovores at bay as the enclosed spaces leave the large arachnids trapped and the Sungazers wary of the light’s ability to overcome the adaptive camouflage. A few lucky members of the species however, discover a power within them, to command those that would attack them to leave, to cause the lichenfire heat with their mind, and to move rocks to and from the cave entrances to hide the openings from predators and hunters.

The Sungazers themselves begin to experiment with metallic shards as well, though they see little use for them given the magical strength and foot claws they’ve already got. Their adaptive camouflage is defeated by strong light sources, and so they ingrain within themselves a seething fear of fire.They also begin to coalesce into favored hunting grounds, building dens for their young ones and showing protective instincts for their young. They tend to flock to the sudden large monuments as easy to defend spots, with plentiful food as the feral metallovores try and eat the statues to no avail. A few have realized they’re able to cause massive spikes of earth to shoot up at will, though these rare individuals are few and far between, and usually end up leading hunting bands.

The Metallarachnids easily climb to the top of the Metallovore food chain, and compete with the gazers for the apex predator spot of Tisante. Their natural jaws and spiked legs only grow more dangerous as they take on a metallic sheen, titanium coating giving a ferocious advantage should the hunters latch onto their prey.

The multitude of gifts given to the Altheri cause a revolution, as Velsavis’ presence ingrains within the largest bands that she leads to a deep rooted worship of ‘Alpha Mother’ amongst the most developed. This too causes a shift - Altheri culture becomes matriarchial. These largest bands eventually merge, and the first Settlements in the universe come together. The sudden attacks from the larger winged species forces a decidedly marked shift in their development. First to emerge are slings, then primitive bows and arrows. Walls of mud, then stone appear as the Altheri begin to build, their insanely developed logical abilities pushing them through the first stages of technology. Their culture, as it is, becomes incredibly xenophobic, as wary female eyes scan the skies day after day while the males build walls and roofs of stone and mud and deal with Vanu infestations. Primitive shrines to the Alpha Mother dominate the largest settlements.

The winged species of Althera begin a solitary exuberant life, with only mating causing any two to really meet. The Altheri are fine prey to start but their rapid development soon causes issue - the species learns that the Altheri will send hunting bands out to track a wounded member, and many die to these daytime ambushes of their lairs. The species begins to retreat to the northern and southern poles, where the mana is heavier and crystallized. They too begin to enjoy the benefits of manavorism to satiate the need that the Vanu alone cannot provide. As they munch of the crystals, magic infuses their bodies, and hardens over them, crystalline shards armoring their already scaled hides. They also remember the little hurt-flinging vermin, deep in minds that seethe with surprising intelligence.

The Vanu, with the new urge to wait and watch, begin to swarm larger and larger as they being to find themselves hunted by the fanatical Altheri. A curious phenomenon forms as their swarms grow. A voice, of one mind and one people begins to form from the swirling magical energies that spark and flicker the more Vanu gather at any one spot. A primitive collective conscious grows, no one single mind controlling any one single Vanu. Patience is rewarded. Caution is advised. The Vanu retreat from the Altheri bands to watch, wait...and grow.

On ROGMAURLERNAUGH, the Goroff gorge and feast in a rabid orgy of violence and death. The massive roaming packs war with each other constantly, as they are the only life on the planet. The entire surface is soon strewn with vast boneyards as entire packs are devoured, only for a few survivors to rapidly breed an entire new one into existence. The Firebirds do their best to thin the herds, and themselves soon easily become the ‘apex’ predator of the planet, for whatever that’s worth.

”State of the Divine Spheres”:

”Acts Gain”:

Encylopedia Divinus:

Last edited by Sevasta on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sevasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob The 3rd Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm

The Mechanism screams and churns, Sxryi descending on the planet of Tisante, scouring the surface for a spot. Not too populous, not too isolated, just the perfect mix of discrete and certainty of discovery. The Mechanism reaches a pitch never reached before, the gears spinning furiously as reality begins to warp in a disk on the surface, the ground cracking open and shapes forming inside of it. With a blinding, burning flash, everything goes silent.

"Ah. Now progress may begin truly. Or maybe nothing. Hopefully the former."

Left in the silence is a colossal construct, a massive disc. A Celestial Cog, of sorts. The thing is 5 kilometers across, resting in the silence of the planet. The Mechanism slows, the cacophony become more of a low background hum, as Sxryi observes its work. A lone metallovore walks up, a massive, lumbering thing, preparing to bite into the creation's metal hide. An electric crack sounds in the silence. The metallovore stumbles back, a large portion of its flesh completely blasted off. As the creature lumbers off to die of its wounds, Sxryi clatters happily.

"The defense system works."

Sxryi turns to its colleagues, an almost quizzical sound emanating from its whirring. The Mechanism seems to shrink and retract, much of its power spent on this creation.

"Any feedback is appreciated. Science is collaborative, after all."

Sxryi moves back, The Mechanism sitting into its lowly hum, awaiting progress to come. The Celestial Cog sits silently, awaiting a hapless adventurer to come across it.

---

The Celestial Cog:

---

[Create a Celestial Cog on Tisante: 6 acts]

[1 act remains]

Last edited by Bob The 3rd on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Bob The 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by Liburr Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:00 am

As the cogs of time turn ever forward, Ayan finds her foot tapping along with the incessant ticking of the Divine Machine, then covering her ears as it screams and produces an artifact of power on the deathworld of Tisaine. As It asks for review of Its performance, Ayan once more alights upon the fel, darkened planet to explore the many layers, passing through each defence and eyes dancing with the wonders she saw. Emerging once more, she applauded the great Machine, a sad smile on her face as she says  "Most impressive, Sxryi. This shall grant a boon to those who are most deserving, should the foolish ones not destroy it in their greed first. Though perhaps the nanomachines would prove difficult as a first measure to bypass? How shall the sapients gain passage?" Perhaps a thing to glean, mostly for her own knowledge. "On my honor, it will not be passed on to your creations, nor those of the other gods. No point in spoiling the fun."

Last edited by Liburr on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Liburr

Back to top Go down

Post by AztechnologyPR Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:05 am

Velsavis watches the cosmos turn, and observes the changes in the local system. The appearance of psionics. The creation of enormous constructs. The appearance of a roiling mass of small, brutal creatures on a planet with an indiscipherable name.

She watches this new psionic development, and decides to take the same tact she did with magic. No Altheri will ever be sensitive to psionics - whether through their influence or use.

She observes Altheri society, and decides to breed a spirit of friendly competition between them. She conceptualizes the "Great Game," and instills it within them, providing them with a way to keep their minds sharp in a non-destructive fashion. The goals of the game revolve around the accumulation and expenditure of personal political capital - trading it for favours and assistance in a friendly manner. There is no shame or risk in failure or in attempting an innovative gambit - this is encouraged - because in failure is a chance to learn. To innovate for the next attempt. The Game will never, in any way, introduce civil strife (at the personal or societal level) to the Altheri - working as it does within the framework of co-operative and supportive Altheri society.

She watches the development of the Altheri worship of the "Great Mother", and decides to further this. She appears amongst the Altheri in centres of civilization, proividing them doctrines and confirming to them that their worship of her was correct - and, of course, tying the Great Mother concept to her and her physical manifestation alone.

Finally, she sees one last opportunity to strengthen her children, increasing all of their abilities in small, but equal measures. She watches them, finally content. They will use their abilities to innovate in dramatic fashion.

[1 act - Grant Altheri minds and bodies immunity against psionics - and the complete inability to ever perform them.]

[1 act - Imbue amongst Altheri society the concept of "The Great Game" as their primary societal sport - a grand, ever-present, ever-shifting social concept of the accumulation and spending of personal political capital. This game is non-destructive, and there is no shame, anger, or resentment in loss - only the encouragement of personal improvement for the next phase of the game, allowing them to keep their minds ever razor sharp through friendly competition.]

[3 1 act manifestations - amongst the Altheri numerous times the largest settlements/cradles of civilization (allowing the religion to fan out from natural hubs) in the guise of the 'Great Mother,' confirming their sense of superiority, tying the 'Great Mother' to herself, and founding the "Great Mother Church," tying the image and concept of the Great Mother to her known physical apparitions in a strong fashion. The provided doctrines of the church will be to support and further the security and progress Altheri species as a whole, to support innovation in society and technology in all forms, and to administer great tribulations and events within the society-level Great Game.]

[1 act - Further strengthen the Altheri equally in all respects (both physical and mental), in small measures.]

AztechnologyPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrono Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:01 am

"AHHHH, AN INTRIGUING CONCEPT"

ARLAMOR seems very taken with the scraps of essence that a dying Sungazer leaves behind, and stares deep into their being to ken its nature. Their desires, their love and hate, powerful enough to persist after the shell has gone.

"A HUNGER THAT LIVES FOREVER, STRONG ENOUGH TO EMPOWER THOSE WHO GNAWED ON THEIR BONES. I APPROVE!"

HE snorts burning embers from his snout onto the dusty, bone-stacked wasteland, tiny fires kindling in the hearts of every GOROFF stoked by the fear of the Firebirds - and the craving for new experiences (like bird meat). They become deeply aware of themselves and the world around them, and their connections to their packmates. Rough communication begins, first as squeaks but soon incorporating rough facial expressions and rearing up on their hind legs to make gestures with their forepaws.

Then, HE turns and smiles upon Drylax's creation with rows upon rows of teeth. "AND YOU! A GOOD START!" With an effort of will, HE seeds HIS ravenous hunger in each of them - and gifts them the power to fly without rest as long as they constantly feed.

Finally, HE reveals himself in a stampede of carnage, ripping apart the Firebird's roosts with his horns and crushing them underfoot as HE runs a bloody trail across the world. They will have nowhere left to hide - they must feed constantly or die.

---
2 acts for intelligent rats!
1 act to imbue Firebirds with *the hunger*
1 act to manifest and fuck shit up

4 acts left

Last edited by Chrono on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Chrono

Back to top Go down

Post by Liburr Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:05 am

Again, and again, and again, Ayan watches the 'Great Mother' shower her single species with favors galore, pitting her creations against every other on their planet, and leading quite literally from the front. For a goddess of evolution to focus all her attentions on one species when there were so many seemed... counterintuitive. And yet, this sense of irritation continued to grow. Remembering herself amid all this conflict was growing difficult, but there was one thing she needed to do before turning her attention to happier thoughts.

Alighting on Althera for the first time, the first thing that strikes her is the bitter cold. Another testament to life and its ability to survive. Still, far too chilly for her. Best to be on her way sooner than later, and she smiled sadly at the settlements nearby. This was a necessary pain she would soon inflict upon them, a targetted 'boon' to remind the Altheri that a world existed outside those stone walls. One that the attentions of their goddess forced hatred upon, both ways. The seeds of each fruit she touched turned instead to eggs, her fel children in place. "You shall be known to all as my tears, my children, for I take no pleasure in this act. I do only what I must. May your Goddess have mercy on your souls, for I cannot."

Ayan's Tears take root in the latest harvest of the Altheri, and ripen, enrich the fruit they're a part of. A targetted parasite that synergizes with the Altheri physiology, when the eggs do hatch, the chosen of Velsavis will find themselves yet more powerful than before. Their bodies are energized, and heal readily from injury. This benefit enriches their flesh, making it even sweeter for those who pierce their toughened hides, and boosts their immune systems. But, deep beneath these surface boons, the true nature of this gift would pierce their hearts - perhaps literally. For though their chosen hosts were strengthened, the Tears themselves remained fragile as glass, and just as lethal when their bodies did break, either from exposure to too much heat or cold. And those toxins that they filter for their hosts, that grow with as symbiotes, will have no means of purging the pollutants in their blood without this boon. No other race had the physiology to support the Tears, and so they could not take root. This curse, wrapped in blessing, was the Altheri's alone to bear.

With heavy heart and hand, she again returns to her reponse among the stars, in order to ponder her next move.

---

Acts

Create small, unique life: Parasitic symbiotes (Ayan's Tears): 3 Acts

3 Acts remaining.

Liburr

Back to top Go down

Post by KatoHearts(A) Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 am

"Quill, quill, quill, where did I..."

Jomontet is currently floating above Altheri and rummaging through his sleeves, pulling out random arcane objects. Each one returns to where he had it except....

A simple flask, otherwise unmarked, floats off.

He goes to grab it but thinks better of it and shrugs.

It's soon pulled into the planet's gravity, surviving re-entry but not the sudden stop at the end.

Out of the crater crawl Falyt, manaforms that are attracted to, and feed off of, hate. They're basically a self sustaining/self replicating spell that gains energy by converting hate into fear by taking the form of their target's worse fear.

Jomontet regards the planet briefly before pulling out his quill and a heavy tome.

"They'll be fine."

He sets to work on better things

Acts:
Create unique life Falyt: 3 acts
---
3 acts remaining

KatoHearts(A)
Admin

https://godhood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Letmun Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:31 am

From the distance of the clouds, Tisante was a glorious play to Valnir, as the unnamed people fought with his own creations and the metalvores, seemingly outmatched by these foes, yet they still not only fought them back, they survived. To him this was the first grand tale of the system as this race under stress developed great power and came onto the edge of proper metal weaponry, which made him chuckle in joy, as this happened he looked down apon the caves that the unnamed lived in and protected, as he cast over his hand with with words of shamanistic power a boon reached them, this boon made them for fitting for their homes, as they became as hard as the stones they lived under.

From this he moved to his chosen people, the Sungazers, and as they hunted the unnamed he sighed softly. He knew that if they stayed as this they would keep fighting the unnamed until the end of time, and he wished to avoid this from the two interesting races, he pulled the stone of the Sungazers out and unwrote a passage near the top, and replaced it with a longer phrase, this altered their biology to eat plants as they could eat meat, as he smiled to himself softly and hoped this would alleviate some of the issues on the unnamed

As his last movement for the passage of legend he did a simplier task, as he waved his hand over the entirety of his favored planet, as small animals begun to pop into the land, easily huntable, yet could breed fast enough to carry the needs of the peoples on this planet, as he left these to be named by either the unnamed or the sungazers

[2 acts to make the unnamed stouter and hardier]
[1 act to make the Sungazers omnivores]
[2 acts to create a fast breeding prey race]

[1 act remaining]
Letmun
Letmun

Back to top Go down

Post by Liburr Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:35 am

Waving at Valnir as she too turns her attention to Tisante, it was time to give those Unnamed that survived. Perhaps feeling guilty for what she had already done, she waits for night to fall upon the Unnamed, then steps into their dreams. Not all of them, just a few. Those who had already awakened to Psionics, those who would eventually lead their people. "I'm so proud of you, children. So very close, but all you need now is a... push. In exchange for my gifts, all I ask is for three things. Decide a name for yourselves, be good to your fellows, treat them with respect, and remember my name, for I am Ayan, Goddess of the Hearth and Light. Do you have any questions?"

---

Acts:

Appear in a dream to those UN01 Psionics around the world: 1 Act

2 Acts remaining.

Liburr

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob The 3rd Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:22 am

The Mechanism creaks and churns, the celestial clockwork turning its ethereal attention to the god and goddess tweaking and adjusting the life on Tisante.

"Interesting. Life more prone to adaptive diets, sustainable prey species? Perhaps this planet will harbor more progress."

Sxryi notices something odd in its observations. The unnamed species appears to not only be alive, if quite weak, but recieving attention from both of the other deities around the planet. Appearances in dreams, cutting down on predators...gifts given by those who wish for a species' survival. Sxryi turns to Valnir and Ayan, The Mechanism whirs in a soft, quizical manner.

"Why do you use your powers on species 01? Emperical evidence suggested that the species was not evolutionarily suited to this planet after their first eons. Why do you wish to change that?"

Sxryi waits for a response from its colleagues, The Mechanism continuing its low buzz of motion, barely there but always present.

Bob The 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next